Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 18

I failed in getting to the stall first. I need to start racing my mom to the stall.

Paco is officially moved in. It's so nice. And Ken is supposed to be making all the paddocks this week. I can't wait for Brie and Nina to get time outside every day, since Ken's been a slacker in turning them out all this time, which probably has a lot to do with Brie's anxiety.
Jane came by today! Taco is coming back very soon, he was at her son's farm just being a horse for this month. I'm so eager to ride him again.

Brie! She made me very happy today. We showed off her gaiting and jumping to Ray and everyone else, they were impressed, even though the jump was pretty much a foot off of the ground. She was more anxious outside though, and we had a fright when my mom was riding her and Brie kept backing up, almost into a barbed wire fence. I had to maneuver Nina over to her and pull her forward. Not very safe. Oh and another fright. I lost my stirrup while jumping this tiny fence and Brie tripped and while she got her footing I almost flew off the side of her because she turned so sharply. But I stayed on! And maybe we won't raise the jump for a couple more weeks.

Andre brought back a bit for Nina. She seems a little iffy about it after being bitless since July. She seemed very depressed while Andre was working her and a lot more happy running around outside with Brie. On one hand I feel guilty, because I want to let her just be a horse, but then on the other hand she really does need to be trained! She is just a baby after all.

I'm so eager to see how the stables look this weekend with Paco in charge =]

No comments:

Post a Comment