Sunday, October 11, 2009

Days 19 & 20

Day 19

Today was Paco's homecoming, in a way.
Andre wasn't there.
Brie and Nina were very happy to be outside today, even if it was a little cold. Taco's also back! He's limping though, so we'll just walk him until his limp is better.
Brie jumped today. The jump wasn't set up but she started to go towards where it normally is. I just let the reins drop and let her walk where she wanted and she started following my brother around the arena! It was so cute. He would run and she'd run after him. He'd stop and she'd dead stop, even after running. I think she's really happy now that I'm doing more than concentrating on shows and giving her a time to finally just be herself and calm down.
We also started her new vitamins. Time will tell how they work.

Day 20

Brie was limping a bit today. I think it's maybe because she may have stepped on a rock yesterday when we rode outside. Because of this, I didn't jump her.
Andre wasn't there again today.
There was also a farrier that the stable flew in from Florida, I believe. He looked at Nina and Brie's hooves and said that Nina was fine but that Brie's front hooves were just a little bit off, so he trimmed them. It was kind of hard to tell if she was liking how they were trimmed because I only rode her bareback because we were pressed for time at that point. I'll have to see how she does next week, because I don't think that I'll be able to get out this weekend.
I hope she enjoys the new hay that the stable got, because she didn't even touch the old hay she got fed this morning. That must mean it was really bad.
But Paco is here now, so I can rest peacefully knowing that things will be going uphill from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment