Didn't make it out yesterday because I was at my very first football game! Yay! We won, too!
So, apparently the owner's wife broke one rib and she's on her way to a recovery. I hope that it's a speedy one.
And apparently Brie was kind of nuts because my dad rode her yesterday. My dad never rides. Ever. So he didn't know what he was doing and she kind of went crazy.
Today she was okay. She was happy to see me, I could tell. I rode her inside for a little bit. My new goal: Getting her to line up and stay still at the mounting block. We've recently acquired one at our stable and I want full use of it! I don't think I'll be jumping Brie until her hooves grow out a little bit more in front. I think she's sore, because there's really no hoof wall, she's walking on her soles.
I rode her outside in the arena, where new, very long, sounding board was installed. It's slightly raised above the sand because we need more sand still, and Brie was okay with it the first time, but then when she realized she could jump to get on it, she jumped. Not good, since it's pretty much a 2 inch difference between the sand and the board. Then she kept falling off sideways and I got freaked that she'd twist her ankle or something. So I had her walk very slowly over it a few times, and she got the idea.
Nina is her pokey little self.
And next weekend is Halloween! Maybe I can go trick-or-treating with Brie and Nina =]
No comments:
Post a Comment