Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 100!

I thought that Day 100 would be more exciting and milestone-ish than today really was.

So after a very long time of not going out to the stable because of team stuff, I finally made it out today. I rode Brie a lot and worked Harry a little and cuddled Nina. My mom mostly worked Harry, she's taken him over. We had an issue with him getting freaked out at a flag today while I was riding him, so once he calmed down, I got off. It was my first weekend back and I didn't want to push anything too much, and he did what I wanted him to do so I figured it was best to end on that note.

Brie hasn't been worked in a while, so she was sweating really badly after I rode her a couple of minutes! Little Miss Out of Shape! We corto'd around inside and out and then, after I rode Harry, I got back on her and asked my mom to hold the pisador that way I could teach her how to canter on command some more. She does it really well on the left but not so well on the right. I guess all horses are like that though. She did a pretty good job! I'm really proud of her and I can't wait until we get it a little bit more down pat and can start doing flying lead changes!

All of them are starting to get their winter coats. They're so fuzzy and cute! I wonder if horses can eat candy corn...I want to bring them a treat for Halloween next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment