Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 99

I didn't really get to ride Harry today =[ my mom and Paco rode him. He doesn't want to flex his head to the right or really walk for them, so they worked on it. It wasn't even worth me to work with him because, until football season is over, weekends are irregular. Like next weekend, I'm going to a school horse show again. Hopefully I do better this time. Gary said he'd try to make it out to come and watch me. Part of me hopes he doesn't because I don't want him to think less of me because of the quality of the school's barn compared to the beauty of his.

I did get to ride Brie a lot today! That made me really happy. She's had a two week break because everyone's been focused on Harry. She was actually pretty good today. I didn't want to do too much because she hasn't been exercised in a while. We walked around in the round pen with Harry and then when we went inside, she wanted to largo so I let her largo her little heart out and stretch her legs. Then I took all of her tack off except for a bithanger and we ride bareback. It was hard, but ultimately good for my balance and her just to change it up a bit.

I can't even imagine what it would be like if I went away to school in another state and had to leave them behind. Even Nina. It makes me so sad that I never get to ride her, especially because I actually partially own her. But we went for a stroll on a lead rope and I let her eat grass. I wish I had my own car, that way I could drive out on Thursdays when I don't have class, or even Tuesdays after my one class of the day.
Maybe I'll start working Tuesdays. I'll pick up a little extra money every paycheck. I'm pretty sure I'll still need Thursdays to catch up on Wednesday night's homework I miss because of the lesson.

I need a car.



No comments:

Post a Comment