Thursday, October 7, 2010

Equestrian Team Day 15

Guess who I got paired with? Yeah, Jimmy, again.

He was actually better this time. I rarely had to actually kick him rather than just heeling him. It was nice. The ring was super crowded though --- it's good that I decided to stick with splitting up the 7pm group. It's such a tiny ring and it doesn't help that there are a bunch of jumps in the middle, especially when you're trying to pass someone on the rail.

So Jimmy yesterday was a success. It was the most successful Jimmy-ride I've had so far and I'm proud of it! He didn't want to canter to the right, but we'll get there. I was actually looking forward to riding Dutchess and was bummed when I didn't get her. Oh well. Maybe next week.

If there is a next week. I might quit soon. I'm thinking of possibly buying my own jumper (or maybe even a Warmblood...forsake jumping as a whole and try dressage for a while) and moving to this absolutely gorgeous barn for lessons with said new jumper/dressage horse. It's like 15 minutes away from where I am now. Gorgeous, I tell you, gorgeous. Like the Taj Mahal.

I'm super jealous of this one girl on the team --- she has her own car and gets to go ride her horses 5 days a week, plus do lessons with us! If only, if only...maybe I should quit lessons and just start saving money for a car again, give up the semi-annual sale fund and turn it back into the F150 fund.

1 comment: