Ugh. I got stuck with Jimmy again.
But we did make progress. I pretty much got him to canter within 10 strides. Not perfect, but an improvement from last week where he wouldn't canter at all on the right track around the arena.
One thing that really bugs me, though, is that while NU has a lesson going on, there's another girl with the other instructor in the ring getting a semi-private with our group. Not cool. Especially when we have to watch out for her while we're all doing one thing and her instructor is telling her to do another.
And the thing that bothers me the most about a horse is when he yanks his head forward and pulls you. It's my pet peeve.
So my last IHSA show for 2010 is this weekend. It really bums me out that we only have four shows a year. It kind of really sucks unless you place high and get points. My goal for this weekend is to place at least 4th. I will not take any crap from these school horses simply because as school horses, they shouldn't give you any.
As much as I'll want to continue showing, I can't wait to get back to jumping. I've been working on the flat for the past month because I wanted to improve my chances for placing at these shows.
Oh and one more thing: I relearned diagonals again! It's so hard to get used to them, especially after coming from Pasos who don't trot. Wish me luck this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment