Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 52

Officially the first day of FINALLY having no trainer. For any of the horses.

I worked with Harry first. I worked on lunging him. He likes to run really fast and angled so he almost falls over, so that was a little bit scary. I didn't want him to get hurt. I have to work on that. I worked more with some Parelli stuff. He's still scared of the string on the end of the carrot stick so I want to get him acclimated to that before I start any other games. I want to have his complete trust, or at least most of his trust before I go and try to experiment with anything else.

I only have one goal with Harry, which seems to be his major problem:
I want him to calm down.

He is so uptight. He did rear a little bit when I first got on, but I walked him for about 30 minutes and he was relaxed by the end of it and he wasn't hot at all, which is the first I've ever seen him not all sweaty and gross after working.

While I was brushing down Harry, my brother worked with Nina. Her head was set beautifully. I wish I got pictures of that!
At the very end, I rode Brie outside. I didn't warm her up inside or anything. I lunged her outside and walked around the round pen that my brother was in, attempting to get her to that Quarter Horse walk. No luck.
I did ride her around the back pretty successfully though.



All in all, it was a wonderful day and I can't wait to work more next weekend. I'll leave you with this beautiful picture of Harry I took on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment