I had such a good ride today!
I was a little (okay, a lot) bummed when I showed up and found out that I had to ride the same horse as I rode last week, the half dead one, remember? Dreading having to use my crop, I just talked to him as I tacked up. "Please be good, Jimmy," I begged. "I don't want to have to use the crop on you, it's so mean. I don't want to have to kick the hell out of you either, I know you're old and I'm sorry about it. It's only an hour and I can't even do the high jumps yet. Pleeeease." It must have gotten to him because he rubbed his head on my stomach multiple times before the lesson.
We got to ride outside, too. It was light enough and only got dark at the end of the lesson. So I learned how to carry a crop the right way and didn't even have to use it! I didn't even have to kick Jimmy! (Maybe I'm an animal communicator in training as well?) We had some good jumps, getting a little better at figuring out what the WRONG diagonal is, which is progress. I only had one problem that was entirely my fault: I wanted to canter but my foot slipped in the stirrup so instead of being sensible and stopping, adjusting, and restarting, I just kept up holding on for dear life as I tried to get my foot back and make him canter at the same time.
I feel like such an idiot sometimes when I'm in that lesson. It's disgusting.
Anyways, can't wait for my ride this weekend. Hopefully it's not too mucky outside. I really do wish I was in Tennessee though. Actually. No, I don't. It's even worse storms down there.
Happy riding!
No comments:
Post a Comment