I feel like I almost had a small heart attack today.
I was feeling very insecure about cantering today. I knew I was riding a pretty good horse, according the two chicks I usually go to lesson with, but I just got a little freaked out. I blame uneven stirrups that I never bothered to go back and fix because it took me long enough to even get them level.
Probably something I should get over caring about looking stupid.
Somehow, when I go there, I always feel stupid. I don't know why. Probably because I still can't get my diagonals right. Ughhhh. Personally, I can't see it. I can't feel it either. I look down every. single. time I go to trot and I still can't tell if I'm on the right diagonal or not.
I hope Jane brings out one of her horses this weekend so that I can practice on her.
Going into this is like going into a whole other world. It amuses me to think of what they'd all say about my Paso Finos. If they ever went out to see them, they'd be converted. They're so much easier to ride. Or maybe not, they're much more lively than those Thoroughbreds I've had experience with at the lesson barn.
Anyways, once I get a little better and actually fix my stirrups, I'll be jumping =]
Diagonals can take a while to learn especially getting the feel of them. I learned to see them way sooner than I ever learned feel.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. You'll get it.